Auto firmware upgrade on the M500 base station, M55 handsets, and M58 desksets can be enabled and scheduled in a similar way to auto provisioning.
Firmware images will be hosted on a remote computer and accessed via URLs. The file location may be arranged by you, an authorized dealer, or your SIP service provider.
Configure Firmware Auto Upgrade via WebUI
Note: if you have a dual-cell or multi-cell configuration, you must perform these steps on the primary base station.
- Open a Web browser. In the address bar, enter the IP address of the base station.
- On the Servicing → Provisioning page, under the Resynchronization section, configure Bootup Check & Schedule Check according to the need of your update schedule. Make sure the Mode is set to "Firmware" or "Both". Refer to How to set up auto provisioning on M500, M55, M58 for descriptions on different scheduler fields.
- Open the Servicing → Firmware Upgrade → Auto Upgrade page,
- Click the Base Firmware URL box and enter the full path URL and filename of the M500 firmware file. For example, http://example.com/M500-1.9.0-rc1.img
- Click the Handset Firmware URL box and enter the full path URL and filename of the M55 firmware file. For example, http://example.com/M55-1.9.0-rc1.img
- click the Cordless Deskset Firmware URL box and enter the full path URL and filename of the M58 firmware file. For example: http://example.com/M58-1.9.0-rc1.img
- If required, enter the Server Authentication Name and Server Authentication Password for the server hosting the firmware files.
- Press Save.
- OPTIONAL: If you want to install the firmware immediately, you can:
- Click the Install Base Firmware Now button.
- Click the Install Handset Firmware Now button.
- Click the Install Cordless Deskset Firmware Now button.
Configure Firmware Auto Upgrade via Provisioning
Import the following settings to to the base station via provisioning. Change the values as required.
- Set provisioning.resync_mode to "firmware_only" or "config and firmware".
- Substitute <m500-url> with the full path URL and filename of the M500 firmware file. For example, http://example.com/M500-1.9.0-rc1.img
- Substitute <m55-url> with the full path URL and filename of the M55 firmware file. For example, http://example.com/M55-1.9.0-rc1.img
- Substitute <m58-url> with the full path URL and filename of the M58 firmware file. For example, http://example.com/M58-1.9.0-rc1.img
- Substitute <username> with the authentication name for the server hosting the firmware files.
- Substitute <password> with the authentication password for the server hosting the firmware files.
provisioning.resync_mode = config_and_firmware
provisioning.bootup_check_enable = 1
provisioning.schedule_mode = disable
provisioning.resync_time = 0
provisioning.weekdays_start_hr = 0
provisioning.weekdays_end_hr = 0
provisioning.firmware_url = <m500-url>
provisioning.handset_firmware_url = <m55-url>
provisioning.cordless_deskset_firmware_url = <m58-url>
provisioning.fw_server_username = <username>
provisioning.fw_server_password = <password>
If you are in a dual-cell or multi-cell configuration, the settings provisioning.firmware_url, provisioning.handset_firmware_url and provisioning.cordless_deskset_firmware_url are only required to be loaded once to the primary base station. All connected bases and cordless devices on the same site will be automatically updated.
Firmware upgrade status
Please refer to How to check which firmware version is currently installed on M500, M55, M58 for the progress of auto firmware upgrade.