Since Firmware version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 the VPN feature is no longer shipped with the default firmware due to security considerations.
Snom provides the VPN feature in a small firmware patch which needs to be installed.
This patch contains only the VPN feature and thus is very little in size.
The VPN image can be found on the list of current firmware download page.
If you wish to install the VPN feature please follow this procedure:
- Please make sure to have the proper fw version on the phone (see the note below)
- Right click the link appropriate for your phone model and firmware version and select "Copy Link"
- Open the phone web user interface and select "Software Update" from the left hand menu
- Paste the link in the "Manual Software Update" field and click "Load"
- The phone will reboot and install the patch. Afterwards you will be able to use the VPN feature.
IMPORTANT: A network recovery will remove the VPN patch, so please note that these steps are necessary after each TFTP rescue mode update!
After installing the VPN patch the phone will add the X-snom-vpn: available HTTP header to the provisioning requests. Using such header you can distinguish between devices with VPN enabled and devices not supporting the VPN.
For the Snom D3XX - D7XX Series recent models please see here
- The below VPN patch must be installed only for the following firmare version ranges:
- 126.96.36.199 <= x <= 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 <= x <= 220.127.116.11
- In case you have firmware with version < 18.104.22.168 or < 22.214.171.124 the VPN feature is already enabled on the firmware
- In case you have a firmware > 126.96.36.199 or > 188.8.131.52 the VPN feature patch version must be aligned with the firmware version (please check the firmware download page).
- snom D3x5-series
- snom 7-series
- snom 8-series
- Right-click on the appropriate link for your device and choose Copy shortcut:
- Open the Web User Interface and navigate to the Software Update page
- Paste the link into the Firmware field
Web User Interface -> Software Update -> Firmware
--> The Device reboots and starts the software update.Note: Do not disconnect the power at anytime!
- Check your firmware version afterwards