Snom DECT phones log all the activities into a in-memory log.
Looking into the phone log is one of the first troubleshooting steps.
In order to catch all the informations, you need to higher the Logging verbosity; this can be easily configured through the Web User Interface (WUI):
Set Logs to DEBUG level:
- Log into the web user interface of the base station.
- Click on Management menu
- In the Syslog/SIP Log section set the "Syslog Level" option to Debug
4. Click on Save and Reboot button
In order to obtain the phone log you need to:
- Log into the web user interface of the base station (WUI).
- Click on Syslog menu
3. Click the Clear button
4. Reproduce the issue
5. Once the error occurs click on the Reload button
6. Copy all the log messages into a .txt file
If a Snom support agent requests you a phone log, please copy and paste the phone log into a text file, don't send us a screenshot or a PDF containing the log
The internal phone log is stored into a limited buffer, in case your issue takes times to be reproduced, or in case of "randomic" and non-reproducible issues you need to setup a long term logging via a Syslog server.