Up to three D7C expansion modules can be daisy-chained to one Snom D7xx color phone.
When more than one expansion module is connected to the phone:
- The first module is supplied with power via the USB cable from the phone.
- The modules must be daisy-chained. If they are not, the phone will not be able to identify the function keys.
- Do not use a USB hub or, if the phone has more than one USB port, do not connect expansion modules to more than one port.
- When connecting three modules to a phone, daisy-chain the modules first.
- Attach a power adapter (available separately) to the second module and to a wall outlet before connecting the daisy-chain to the phone.
- When a second module or a second and a third module are added to a module connected to the phone, a power adapter (available separately) must be attached to the second module and to a wall outlet before the second module is connected to the first module.
- If a USB device is connected to the third module, it may also need a power adapter.
Connect the expansion modules to each other first, attach the power supply to the second module, and to the wall outlet before connecting the daisy-chain to the phone.
For more installation guide and diagrams, please refer to the D7C Quick Install Guide