You can enlarge all pictures by clicking on them!
In this article we will explain the steps necessary to connect your Fritzbox to the Internet before setting up a Snom device.
This article is based on a test on a FritzBox 7590 with Fritz OS version 7.20. It was tested on a Telekom All-IP connection.
1) Connecting FritzBox to DSL
The cables and adapters supplied with the FritzBox differ depending on the product variant.
Therefore, take the cabling according to the scope of delivery of your FritzBox as in one of the two following sections described above.
Connect FritzBox to DSL via DSL cable (TAE/RJ45)
Plug the RJ45 plug of the DSL cable into the "DSL/TEL" socket of the FritzBox.
Plug the TAE plug of the DSL cable into the socket of the TAE socket labeled "F" (see Fig. 1).
Connecting FritzBox to DSL via DSL adapter
- Plug the long end of the DSL/telephone cable into the "DSL(/TEL)" socket of the FritzBox.
- Insert the short grey cable end into the grey DSL adapter.
- Plug the DSL adapter into the socket of the TAE socket labeled "F".
- Leave the black cable end free (see illustration).
2) Setting up Internet access (Example with german Telekom)
- Call up the FritzBox user interface in your internet browser of choice (Firefox, Chrome, IE). The user interface can be accessed either via http://fritz.box or the IP address of the FritzBox (in the factory settings http://192.168.178.1). In addition, the FritzBox can always be reached via the emergency IP http://169.254.1.1
- A new Fritzbox is delivered with a secure password. You can find the password on the enclosed note sheet, at the Fritzbox. If you want to change the password, you can do so under "System / Fritz!Box users".
- If the wizard for Internet access does not start automatically, click on "Wizard", and then click on "Set up Internet access".
Select "Telekom" in the combo box and click "Next". If "Telekom" cannot be selected, first select "Other Internet providers" and then "Telekom".
Enter the access data you have received from Telekom in the respective input fields and click "Next".
Activate the option "Check Internet connection after saving the settings" and click "Next".
Now the FritzBox establishes the Internet connection with the entered access data.
The setup is complete when the message "Internet connection verification successful" is displayed.
Afterwards you will find your access data under the menu item: Internet/Access data
Setting up Telekom SIP trunk (FritzBox)
The FRITZ! box supports only the operating mode "Registered Mode". The "Static Mode" is not supported.
To use this new feature (sip trunk) a lab version is currently required.
- Click on "Telephony" in the FritzBox user interface.
- Click on "Own numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "New phone number" button.
- Activate the option "Internet number" and click "Next".
- Select "Telekom SIP trunk" in the combo box.
- Enter the main number of the connection.
- Select the length of the longest internal extension from the combo box.
- Enter the extension number of the interrogation center.
- Enter the other phone numbers of your SIP trunk. You can enter up to 19 additional phone numbers,
which you can use for telephones and other devices on the FRITZ! box.
Unregistered numbers can only be used on an ISDN telephone system for a system connection,
connected to the "FON S0" port.
- Enter your user name and password in the "Access data" section.
- Click on "Next" and follow the instructions of the wizard.
Now you can assign the phone numbers of your SIP trunk to telephones and other devices.