Configuration for Desk Phone
Refer to https://carrier.webex.com/calling-user-portal-executive-and-executive-assistant/ for the feature description and use cases.
- Content of menus available in the phone is a subset of configuration options available in the server.
- For this feature to be functional, one of the identity associated with the phone should be configured as Executive or Executive Assistant on the server.
Following settings parameters need to be configured for the phone to enable the feature:
A. Phone configured as Executive:
Executive configuration menu:
When phone is configured as Executive, a new menu item: “Executive” under Settings > Call Features will be available.
Allow Assistant Opt-in/Out:On/Off slider to Enable / Disable all of the Assistants associated with this Executive to have an option to Opt-in/Out
- Call Filtering (On/Off slider):
Turn Call Filtering to Assistant(s) On / Off
- Filtering Mode:
Select between filtering types:
- Filter Type (Visible only if Filtering Mode is “Simple”):
Select between filtering types:
- All Calls
- All Internal Calls
- All External Calls
- Call Screening (On/Off slider):
Turn Call Screening for filtered calls On/Off
- Alert Type:
Select between Call screening alert types:
- Alert Mobile Locations (On/Off slider):
Turn On/Off alerting of this Executive for filtered calls at the configured Mobile Locations
- Alert Anywhere Locations (On/Off slider):
Turn On/Off alerting of this Executive for filtered calls at the configured Anywhere Locations
- Alert SCA Locations (On/Off slider):
Turn On/Off alerting of this Executive for filtered calls at the configured Shared Call Appearing Locations
- Alerting Mode:
Select between Call Alerting Modes:
- Calling Line ID Name:
- Select between Calling Line ID Name display options for filtered calls:
- Executive Name
- Originator Name
- Executive-Originator Names
- Originator-Executive Names
- Calling Line ID Number:
Select between Calling Line ID Number display options for filtered calls:
- Executive Number
- Originator Number
- Call Push Recall After:
Enter / Edit number of rings before Call Push recall
- Rollover After Wait (On/Off slider):
Turn On/Off Rollover action after Rollover time (Only applicable if Alerting Mode is set to “Sequential”)
- Rollover Action:
Select between Rollover Actions after Rollover time:
- Voice Messaging
- No Answer Processing
View Assistants:View the list of Assistants assigned to this Executive with corresponding Opt-In/Out status
Call Pickup & Call Barge In (Executive features):
- Call Pickup:
The Executive can Pickup an ongoing Executive Associated Call* by dialing Feature access code: *11
- Call Barge In:
The Executive can Barge In an ongoing Executive Associated Call* by dialing Feature access code: *15
In the case of multiple ongoing associated calls with Executive Assistant(s), it is up to the server to determine which call will be selected for pickup or barge-in.
In the case of having no valid calls to be picked up or barge-in, a “Forbidden” message is displayed.
Starcode Fkey(s) can be configured on the Executive phone with corresponding Feature access code to Pickup / Barge In by simply pressing the configured Fkey(s)
B. Phone configured as Executive Assistant:
Executive Assistant configuration menu:
When phone is configured as Assistant, a new menu item: “Executive Assistant”under Settings > Call Features will be available.
- Opt-In/Out Executive:
Menu to view the Opt-In/Out status for the Executives assigned. If an Executive allows Assistants to Opt-In/Out, this Assistant can choose to Opt-In/Out to the corresponding Executive using the Opt-In/Out slider.
- Divert (On/Off slider):
Turn Call Divert On / Off for filtered calls received on behalf of the assigned Executives.
- Divert Number (Only available if “Divert” is set to “On”):
Edit or Add a new Divert to number.
Call Push (An Executive Assistant feature):
This corresponds to the action of F_EXEC_ASSIST_CALL_PUSH Softkey.
The Call Push Soft key is presented when there is a call in focus (In Connected or Held state) on screen and if all the following conditions are met:
Executive / Executive Assistant feature has been enabled for an identity by provisioning and is configured to be an Executive Assistant.
The call is an Executive Associated Call*
On pressing the Call Push Soft key, the call in focus is pushed to the Executive associated with the call.
Call Initiate on Behalf Of an Executive (An Executive Assistant feature):
This corresponds to the action of F_EXEC_ASSIST_BEHALF Smart Label key.
A call on behalf of one of the assigned Executives is initiated if the Executive / Executive Assistant feature has been enabled for an identity by provisioning and is configured to be an Executive Assistant and when the “Behalf Of” smart label key is pressed in one of the following scenarios:
- User enters one or more digits on Dialing screen. This excludes Dialing screen for
- Transfer setup
- Conference setup
- Forward setup
- When a contact entry is highlighted in Directories (e.g. Local, LDAP, Broadsoft, XMPP, etc.) where an OK key will perform regular dialing.
- When an entry is highlighted in Call History (e.g. All, Missed, Received, Dialed, etc.) where an OK key will perform regular dialing.
1. If the Assistant is assigned to more than one Executives and satisfies all other conditions above, the phone prompts the user for selection of one of the Executives on behalf of whom the call is to be made.
2. Call Push Softkey will be visible after the Behalf Of Call succeeds (As this will be an Executive Associated Call*) and the ongoing call can be pushed to the Associated Executive using this softkey.
*Executive Associated call:
A call involving an Executive Assistant is said to be Executive Associated if it is any of the following:
The call is a "Filtered Call" answered by the Assistant on behalf of one of the associated Executives.
The call is a "Behalf of Call" initiated by the Assistant on behalf of one of the associated Executives.