DECT base stations of the M-series (M300, M700, M900) log all activities into an in-memory log. Looking into the phone log is one of the first troubleshooting steps.
In order to log all the information, you need to increase the Syslog level; this can be easily configured through the Web User Interface (WUI):
Set Logs to DEBUG level:
- Log into the web user interface of the base station.
- Click on Management menu
- In the Syslog/SIP Log section set the "Syslog Level" option to Debug
4. Click on Save and Reboot button
In order to obtain the phone log you need to:
- Log into the web user interface of the base station (WUI).
- Click on Syslog menu
3. Click the Clear button
4. Reproduce the issue
5. Once the error occurs click on the Reload button
6. Copy all the log messages into a .txt file
If one of our support agents requests a phone log, please always copy and paste the phone log into a text file and attach it to the ticket.
The internal phone log is stored into a buffer with limited size. In case your issue takes some time to be reproduced, you will need to setup a long term logging via a Syslog server.