Yes, most settings of a Snom phone can be set and changed remotely by sending HTTP GET requests to the phone'Is webserver.
Note: If you just like to change a single setting occasionally and you can access the web interface as admin please see: How to change phone settings via right-click in the Settings page as well.
- Change phoneIP to your phone´s IP address.
- Any ASCII character can be generated by using its hex value preceded by "%". For example, encode a space with %20. Please look at this page for the complete encoding table.
- If you have set up user name and password to protect the web interface the HTTP request must be authenticated, with your browser you can use the following syntax:
- Hidden tags need to be disabled in order to have the setting change taking effect
In order to write your changed settings to flash memory, you need to add store_settings=save on your GET request. Example:
- The below HTTP request sets the language of the Phone GUI to German.
- This URL allows to send non-text ASCII characters as "=", e.g. setting the setting_server to "http://test.com/config.xml?mac=ABCDFF00AB"
- The following example shows how to turn off/on the ring tone.
Program two free keys on the phone like this:
1. Context: Active; Type: Action URL; Number: http://phone IP/dummy.htm?settings=save&user_ringer1=Silent
2. Context: Active; Type: Action URL; Number: http://phone IP/dummy.htm?settings=save&user_ringer1=Ringer1
When an incoming call is ringing press the first button to turn it off. When you press the second Button you will turn it on. You have to replace „phone IP" with the IP address of the phone. In this case you should use MAC address based IP addresses, so that the phone always gets the same, otherwise you accidentally switch off the ring tone of another user.