This page describes how to turn off the "auto registration" setting in a Snom C52-SP speaker so that you can manually register the Snom C52-SP to a DECT device.
Snom C52-SP speakers that are shipped to North America have an “auto registration” setting turned on as a factory default. This means that when the Snom C52-SP is powered on, it will attempt to automatically register to a DECT device (for example, a Snom C520-WiMi speakerphone).
If your organization uses DECT auto registration, the Snom C52-SP will automatically register to the DECT device. You do not need to take any further action.
Manual registration - you must first turn off Auto registration
If your organization does NOT use DECT auto registration (or if you are not sure), you must turn off auto registration by performing the following steps:
- Press and hold the MUTE ALL button on the Snom C52-SP for five seconds.
- Press and hold the TALK/OFF button on the Snom C52-SP for five seconds.
The Snom C52-SP LEDs turn steady orange for five seconds, then slowly flash orange.
At this point, you can manually register the Snom C52-SP to the DECT device. Follow the instructions below that apply to your DECT device (Snom C620, Snom C520-WiMi or Snom A230).
To manually register the Snom C52-SP to a Snom C620
- Press and hold the REGISTRATION button on the bottom of the Snom C52-SP for five seconds.
When you release the button, the Snom C52-SP LEDs will flash red and green alternatingly. This indicates the Snom C52-SP is ready for registration.
- Press and hold the LINK key on the Snom C620 base unit for four seconds.
- The and LEDs flash green for about 10 seconds, then turn steady green.
- If registration is successful, the LEDs on the Snom C52-SP turn green for five seconds.
- If registration fails, the LEDs on the Snom C52-SP turn red for five seconds.
To manually register the Snom C52-SP to a Snom C520-WiMi
Follow the steps described in the “Registering the Snom C52-SP Speakerphone to the Snom C520-WiMi” section of the C520-WiMi User Manual.
To manually register the Snom C52-SP to a Snom A230
How to pair the Snom C52-SP with the Snom A230 DECT USB dongle is explained in this article: