The device log buffer can only contain a limited amount of data. For this reason sometimes it can be convenient to setup an external syslog server in order to capture the logs for long term. Here is the configuration procedure:
- Install a Syslog Server application on your PC
- Log into the Web User Interface of the M300,M700,M900
- Navigate to the Management Settings page
- Configure the Syslog Server IP Address, Syslog Server Port, and Syslog Level to Debug (enabling the debug requires a base reboot)
If you are getting this log for a support ticket, please also mention at what time the problem occurred, for which you needed the syslog, so the support staff can know where to look in the log. If you are getting the logs from a multicell deployment, please setup the syslog server on all the bases.
Here some common syslog server:
- Kiwi Syslog (license: Free trial and commercial, Windows only)
- Visual Syslog (license: Free software GPL-2, Windows only)
- Rsyslog (license: Free software GPL-3, Unix, available for all the main Linux distributions)
This page has no comments.