Some features are common to all programmable function keys:
- Pressing a key when its LED is blinking and the phone is ringing accepts the call.
- Pressing a key when a call is in progress at that key, as indicated by the constantly lit LED, puts the call on hold.
- Pressing a key twice while editing a number for dialling at that key, with the receiver in the cradle, returns the phone to idle state.
- Pressing a key twice while editing a number for dialling at that key, with the receiver off the hook, erases the number
screenshot taken of a D785 / FW 10.1.33.33
- Context: The default setting is <Active>, i.e., the functionality chosen under Type will be applied to any currently active extension (SIP identity) for outgoing calls. If a specific extension (SIP identity) is chosen from the pull down menu, the functionality under Type will be applied only to the chosen extension (SIP identity).
- Type: The default setting is <Line>. When another setting is selected from the pull down menu Types, that functionality will be applied to the extension (SIP identity) chosen as Context.
- Number: The default setting is <blank>. You can enter a number / HTTP(S) URL / SIP URI as required by Type.
- Label: The default setting is <blank>. You can enter whatever you like, it will then appear as label on the buttons of the virtual key state.
Long-Press fkey configuration
Any line key can also be programmed directly on the phone. To enter the configuration menu simply long-press the line key you want to program.
Context-sensitive function keys
Type: Currently, only the types ACD, Speed Dial, and Key Event can be selected.
Label: With Type = Key Event, no label is necessary, as the key event comes with its own icon + label text.
gui_fkey1, gui_fkey2, gui_fkey3, gui_fkey4
speed being the type of the gui_fkey, and +4930398330 the number value.
The label of the speed dial key is stored in the setting gui_fkey_label. The index for gui_fkey_label starts at 1 (gui_fkey starts at 0).
Programmable Navigation Keys
example taken from a D785 / FW 10.1.33.33