Since fw 10.1.33.33 "Listen-in" is a new feature for models D715, D725, D745, D765, D315, D345, D375, and D385. It allows a second person to listen in to an ongoing call on the headset, by lifting up the handset. This comes in very handy in call centres, where the supervisor would like to listen, but not speak in a call, for training or quality assurance purposes.
This function makes it possible to listen on the handset in addition to the headset, without the caller being noticed.
- It is not possible to speak on the handset.
- When the handset is replaced, the call is "NOT" ended.
How do I use it:
- The call is first answered as usual with the headset.
- Pick up the handset. You will be able to listen on the handset, but not speak.
- When you're done listening, just put the handset back on the cradle. This will not end the call.
To use this function, the setting listen_in_on_handset needs to be turned on.