When installing DECT base stations and repeaters, please carefully read the following instructions:
- Base stations can be wall-mounted with screws or with special brackets (bracket is not part of standard packet, but can be ordered separately).
- The distance between base stations (or repeaters) must not be less than 3m.
- Do not mount base stations directly on metal. This will generate radio interference and bad performance. Please don't forget that some materials can stop / reflect signal (metalized glass).
- It is always important to make a coverage test.
- You can either mount the bases and repeaters upright for horizontal almost 360° DECT coverage (this is the most common method) or directly under the ceiling with the top down if you want to achieve coverage across the floors. In the second case, the horizontal coverage is less good than when mounted upright.
- If possible, always mount the bases in line of sight of each other.
- Avoid signal strength “RSSI” levels below -75dBm (Range: 0 - -75dBm) among base stations or repeaters, as this can lead to bad audio quality and roaming/handover issues).
- In areas with heavy call load, you should place several base stations to increase the call capacity: each base station can handle up to 8 simultaneous calls (Narrow Band).
- Please also consider to use more than one base station in order to provide coverage redundancy, avoiding single point of failures.
- For power continuity use POE adaptor or a PoE switch with stable current supply.
- Repeaters can be used in chain to extend DECT range in corridors and areas with little capacity needs. DECT repeaters can handle up to 5 simultaneous calls.