The M300,M700,M900 and handsets can be upgraded manually using HTTP, FTP or TFTP.
This procedure will erase all the base memory, so all your phone settings will be lost.
In this howto we detail a step-by-step procedure using a small TFTP/HTTP/SIP/DHCP Server: SPLiT available here.
(explained by an example with a M700 on a TFTP server)
1. Download SPLiT and the Device firmware
Upgrading base or handsets from version 324 or earlier:
IMPORTANT NOTE 1:
IMPORTANT NOTE 2:
IMPORTANT NOTE 3:
You can find the latest available release here Firmware Update Center / Older Firmware you can find here: http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware
- Create (3) New Folders in the TFTP Directory. Name one M700, M85 and the other M65. Be sure to use the capital letter M. Next, download the latest firmware from the Snom Website to the TFTP directory.
- Once the files are downloaded, copy the M700_v0355.fwu to the M700 folder, M85/M85_v0355.fwu to the M85 forlder and the M65_v0355.fwu to the M65 folder.
- To prevent a permissions issue when the M700 tries to access the .fwu files, right click on the TFTP folder, chose ‘Share With > Specific People’, choose ‘Everyone’ from the drop down and then Add. One added give Everyone Read&Write access to the files and then click Share.
2. Run the HTTP/TFTP server
(alternatively to the SPLiT solution presented here, you can of course set up your own HTTP, FTP or TFTP server)
- run the SPLiT executable as Administrator
- Open a terminal
- add the execution permission to the SPLiT Application: chmod +x SPLiT_1.1.1_OSX
- run the SPLiT executable in a terminal using sudo: sudo ./SPLiT_1.1.1_OSX
Once the software is started:
- Click on the Debug check box
- Insert your computer IP address into the IP Address field
- Verify that the HTTP, FTP or TFTP Directory fields contains the tftp value
- Click on the Start HTTP/TFTP Server button
(Our screenshot shows an example of the configuration for a TFTP server.)
3. Upgrading the M700 Base and Handsets
- Login to the M700 (Chose the Primary M700 if this is a Multi Cell configuration)
- Navigate to the "Firmware Update" settings.
- Determine the IP address of your Computer that is running the SPLiT TFTP Server and enter the IP address in the "Firmware update server address" field.
- Leave "Firmware Path" blank, type 450 in the M85 and M65 type field, Build version is 14
- Make sure the M85s and M65 Handsets are registered to the M700 Base.
- Place the M85s M65s in there charging cradle to start the upgrade process.
- Click ‘Update Start’ and then confirm the upgrade when prompted by clicking OK.
- You can monitor the M65s upgrade progress from the ‘Extension’ page of the M700
- The M65s could take up to an hour to upgrade based on the Network utilization and traffic.
- Once the phone has upgraded, as indicated by the ‘Extensions’ settings page, confirm the version on the phone by going to Menu > Status and checking the SW version is 355