Under certain circumstances it may seem difficult to set up the link between the C52-SP and A230 DECT Dongle properly even though everything is done as stated in the manuals.
This is to explain signals shown by the devices and pre-requisites for successfull pairing of the two.
Before trying to pair the C52-SP and the A230 please ensure:
- Battery is inserted in the C52-SP
- Battery is charged
- PSU is connected
- C52-SP is within 30cm of the A230.
- No other DECT devices nearby are in pairing-mode
- A230 is inserted in the snom phone's USB port
- Pairing is initated by pressing the button on the A230 for about four seconds. It start blinking red.
- Then press and hold the registration button on the bottom of the C52-SP until the LEDs toggle red/green.
- To disconnect, hold the "Register" button for 10 seconds, release and immediately press the button again.
- If everything is done correctly, the unit should stop flashing and a moment later, all the lights should turn yellow for a few seconds and then turn off.
- Now the connection between the DECT dongle and the C52-SP is successfully disconnected.
The C52-SP should then, after a short moment light up all green for a few seconds and then LEDs turn off.
The C52-SP makes a beep noise, LEDs turn off, then yellow, then red/green.
The pairing was not successfull. The C52-SP will attempt 15 times in a loop.
- Please try to reduce distance between C52-SP and A230. Usually putting them side by side (< 30cm) ensures pairing.
- Deactivate other DECT devices (headsets, handsets, bases) nearby
- If the environment is very noisy (i.e. a lot of DECT devices) try registering the two in another location
Once the registration of C52-SP and A230 was successfull the connection is not that critical anymore and you can freely move within the range of the A230 DECT Dongle.
The registration is automatically re-established if one device was powered down or if the A230 is moved from one phone to another.