Due to the limited flash memory size on the Snom D120 the devices only stores three language files by default. If you want to add more languages to the phone you can provision the list of the available languages and the translation files, here the procedure:
Small or individual installations, or installations where the phone has internet access:
use the language files hosted on the Snom server:
- Please note that there are separate language files for the phone language and the language of the web interface:
- For firmware versions 10.1.10 until 10.1.32: copy the URL "http://downloads.snom.com/config/settings_10.1.xml" into your phones Update Settings URL field.
- For firmware versions 10.1.33 until 10.1.54: copy the URL "http://downloads.snom.com/config/settings_10.1.39.11.xml" into your phones Update Settings URL field.
- For firmware versions >= 10.1.54: copy the URL "http://downloads.snom.com/config/settings_<Version>.xml" (replace <Version> with the firmware version running on your phone, example: 10.1.54.13) into your phones Update Settings URL field
- Press save and reboot the phone.
- After bootup several languages are selectable in the phone and web user interface.
- In the web user interface you might have to refresh the page after changing the language.
Large phone installations, or installations where the phone does not have internet access:
you can enable multi-language support using Auto Provisioning. If only language support is required follow these instructions:
- Copy the following files from Snom's language downloads folder ( http://downloads.snom.com/config/<FILENAME> - see below ) onto your local web server (choose the appropriate files reflecting the firmware version/ firmware branch that your phones are running):
- http://downloads.snom.com/config/settings.xml (--> links to web_lang.xml and gui_lang.xml)
- http://downloads.snom.com/config/web_lang.xml (--> links to all desired web user interface languages found in the language directory - see step iv. )
- http://downloads.snom.com/config/gui_lang.xml (--> links to all desired phone user interface -GUI - languages found in the language directory - see step iv. )
- Now all you need is that actual language files for the language you wish to add. You can find them in the Firmware Update Center → click on your release → scroll down to Customization Files, and download the Customization File for the D120. Inside this archive, you will find the needed language files in the language directory.
- Copy the needed language files for phone menu (gui_lang_...) and/or web interface (web_lang_...) to your web server
- Change the URLs in settings.xml, gui_lang.xml and web_lang.xml according to your web server's folder structure
- Enter "http://yourwebserver/settings.xml" into your phones Update Settings URL field
- Press save and reboot the phone.
- After bootup the desired language(s) are selectable in the phone and web user interface.
Installation through provisioning / SRAPS
The provisioned XML from SRAPS contains a "setting-files" tag, which loads the user defined XML. Since the language pack is provisioned also through the "setting-files" tag we can make a two-stage installation of the phone. The first will install the language pack while the second will configure the phone as it is designed to be configured.
To do so, we have to create a new XML on our WEB Server with the following content:
SRAPS will point to this file.
In this file we must be sure that we provision the same version of language files as the firmware is running on the telephone, therefore it is adviced to let SRAPS define the running firmware as well, or the firmware must be configured within the ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION. In this example the Firmware Version is 10.1.54.12.
To avoid the installation of the language pack after each restart of the phone, you should set the setting_server tag to the ORIGINAL_CONFIGURATION.
Informations for older Models (Snom300/320/360