Yes, the phone´s HTTP interface allows remote users to simulate the usage of the phone´s keypad and a few special features. (Only applicable for snom desktop phones)
The URL to press one or more keys is the address of your phone with the page ’command.htm’ and the post value "key=KEYEVENT":
KEYEVENTs are separated by a semicolon from each other. KEYEVENT contains the following values:
Whereas Key is the key to be pressed, Time is the amount in milliseconds that a key is to be pressed (this way real key presses can be simulated, or a long press of a key can be achieved). Pause is the time in milliseconds that shall elapse between key presses (when the command contains more than one KEYEVENT). The values Time and Pause are optional.
- Internet Explorer does not support user names and passwords in Web site addresses (HTTP or HTTPS URLs).
- This will not work if you have set Authentication Scheme to "on". "On" means that you are using digest-authentication which just supports the username and password as encrypted (MD5-hash-sum) values and not to be given as clear text in the URI. If you want to use digest-authentification, you have to pass the credentials to the tool which calls the URL or the library you are using for calling the URL, most of the tools/library support this method.
The following KEYEVENTs are known to the firmware of the phone (written exactly as shown below in capital letters):
There are also other functions which can be controlled remotely (desktop phones only):
Remote Dialing: http://phoneIP/command.htm?number=NUMBER&outgoing_uri=URI Remote DTMF tones: http://phoneIP/command.htm?key_dtmf=NUMBER Remote End all ongoing calls: http://phoneIP/command.htm?RELEASE_ALL_CALLS Remote Logoff all identities: http://phoneIP/command.htm?LOGOFFALL Remote Logoff a specific identity: http://phoneIP/command.htm?LOGOFFLINE=1(..12) Remote Reregister a specific identity: http://phoneIP/command.htm?REREGISTER=1(..12) Remote Ringtone Playing: http://phoneIP/line_login.htm?PLAY_RINGER:X=+Ringer(X=1..9) Remote Reboot: http://phoneIP/advanced_update.htm?reboot=Reboot Remote Reset: http://phoneIP/advanced_update.htm?reset=Reset Remote Reset of Dialed Numbers: http://phoneIP/index.htm?dialeddel=clear Remote Reset of Missed Calls: http://phoneIP/index.htm?misseddel=clear
Remote Reset of Received Calls: http://phoneIP/index.htm?receiveddel=clear
Remote Firmware Upgrade: https://phoneIP/dummy.htm?swload=load&firmware=firmwareURL Fix the line-info-layer for screen.bmp (820/21): http://phoneIP/command.htm?FIX_LIL=true
Since versions 8.4.34 and 8.7.2 you can also emulate pressing the touchscreen of the snom870.
X must be between 0 and 479, where 0 is the left display edge and 479 the right one. Y must be between 0 and 271, where 0 is the upper display edge and 271 the lower one.
just press, dont release: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y press brief version: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y p release when formerly pressed: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y release brief version: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y r press and release with one cmd: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y pr brief version: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y chained commands: http://phoneIP/command.htm?touch=X Y pr X2 Y2 pr X3 Y3 pr
- http://192.168.0.1/command.htm?key=OFFHOOK simulates the user of the phone with the IP address 192.168.0.1 picking up the handset.
- http://192.168.0.1/command.htm?number=12345678&outgoing_uri=123@domain1 will dial 1234. In order to place a call from a specific outgoing line (SIP account, identity) attach "&outgoing_uri=user@domain1"
- http://192.168.0.1/line_login.htm?PLAY_RINGER:9=Play+Ringer plays the ring tone 9 remotely
- http://192.168.0.1/command.htm?key_dtmf=1234 will send DTMF tones 1234 (only available during an active call)
- http://192.168.0.1/dummy.htm?swload=load&firmware=http://my.provisioning.server.com/download/fw/snom821-8.4.35-SIP-r.bin will upgrade the phone with the URL passed via firmware variable
Attended Transfer (Incoming call A, transferred by B to C):
- http://192.168.6.252/command.htm?key=F_HOLD --> Holds the call "A"
- http://192.168.6.252/command.htm?key=X (X=0-9) --> Repeat this for each digit of the number "C" to be transferred to
- http://192.168.6.252/command.htm?key=ENTER --> "B" makes a call to "C" and announces transfer
- http://192.168.6.252/command.htm?key=TRANSFER --> call is transferred
NOTE: If the parameter "Call Join on Xfer (2 calls)" has been set to "ON" the "Calls on Hold" list is displayed instead (in this remote scenario not recommended, since it would require navigation through the list and a final command http://192.168.6.252/command.htm?key=TRANSFER/ENTER)