Starting from firmware version 184.108.40.206, all Snom Desktop phones equipped with a USB port can store the phone syslog on a mass-storage device connected. In this case the trace size is limited to the USB device free space only.
In order to enable this feature you need to
- enable the usb_storage_syslog phone setting
- create a flag file named syslog.flg on the USB device root directory
- plug the USB device into the phone
- Enable the usb_storage_syslog: you can do it via provisioning or via phone web interface clicking on Advanced -> QoS/Security:
- Create the "flag file" syslog.flg into the root directory:
- Unplug the USB device from the computer (please follow the required steps to safely unplug the device).
- Plug the USB device into the phone USB port, the phone should detect the storage device.
- At this point the phone starts saving the phone log on the USB device. Once you reproduced the issue you can unmount and unplug the USB device. Un-mounting the device before unplugging is fundamental in order to avoid data corruptions.
The USB device can be un-mounted pressing the Menu key, selecting Maintenance and then Unmount USB disk:
- Now your are ready to plug the USB device into your computer and start analysing the saved syslog:
This page has no comments.